What, me, stressed? Ha, she said! Actually, my wee little wailing banshees, I am very stressed, mostly due to my problematic living arrangement in the apartment de hell. I also found out my luscious, sexy, intriguingly young karate instructor is enthralled with another (facebook.com is so helpful, thank you), and in the meantime my GERD has kicked up. Yes, you too can have a gastrointestinal disorder! My new coping strategy involves being at home as little as possible, and in trying to find a job, which so far has not panned out. What has panned out is mailing ten pages to a pair of literary agents that actually wants to see my work, working out at my dojo (I am now a white belt; no big deal, they say, but still, it took some months of preparation and even if I somewhat screwed up the test I am gonna feel GOOD ABOUT ME! Yes, Dr. Phil, we greet you), etc., etc., etc. My hormones are still going beserk, and at this point I am basically attracted to every man I see. But that's ok! I have a good therapist, who informed me that she, herself, is an apprentice black belt. She drives me crazy sometimes, but is generally helpful, and so far as I am concerned, seeing Kermit the Frog in a white coat holding a clipboard would be helpful these days. Not to denigrate her, of course; it's just sheer truthfulness on my part, really.
And so it goes, so it goes, so it goes. Sarah Palin is being raked over the coals for her family's failures as if women are responsible for everything including the autonomous choices of their offspring; the beat goes on, dear ones (and it's mighty sexist). But does anyone know that Obama and McCain will not be the real president, but some elusive human out there who chose not to run but probably wanted to! I have the feeling, somewhere, that someone gave into cowardice. But who am I to say? Not a job I'd want or ever have, but I just hope we elect the right person for this troubled yet still beautiful country of ours.
God bless you, God bless you, and KYIE! At least, that's how I think they spell that thing I'm supposed to sing out at the dojo.
Tennis, anyone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment